Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
SINERGY: Capacity building in Smart and Innovative eNERGY management
The mission of SINERGY is to strengthen the existing research capacity and further unlock the innovation potential of the Institute Mihajlo Pupin - IMP (Serbia) in one of the most important research areas of today – Smart Energy Management. The instruments and coherent measures foreseen by the WIDESPREAD-05-2020 Topic will be fully exploited during SINERGY, aiming to unlock the research potential and improve IMP’s research competitiveness, turning it into a regional ”point of reference” in the domain of smart energy management technologies. Such regional Centre of Excellence that will emerge from SINERGY will concentrate its efforts around the efficient in-house use of newly acquired competences as well as the dissemination to national and regional stakeholders, coordination of regional research efforts and outreach towards both industrial and academic sector. In this way, SINERGY will draw attention to and raise awareness of this, still underdeveloped, research area in the Southeast of Europe, as well as contribute to the regional sustainable development by strengthening the regional capacity to undertake high impact R&D activities and bring them to the market. To accomplish these ambitious project goals, the strategic partnership and exchange of multidisciplinary “know-how” and competences have been agreed with two leading EU research institutions in domain, the Austrian Institute of Technology - AIT (Austria) and the National University of Ireland, Galway - NUIG (Ireland)
- OB1: Strategic Partnership - Establishment and development of productive and fruitful long-term cooperation that continues after project completion.
- OB2: Reinforcement of scientific and technology excellence of the linked institutions in domain of Smart energy management.
- OB3: Cross-fertilization and aggregation of competences and experience related to the smart grid technologies and energy efficient building operation.
- OB4: Organization of joint networking events for capacity building and spreading excellence throughout the widening country and the West Balkan/Southeast Europe region.
- OB5: Awareness raising and promotion of newly established Centre of Excellence serving as a regional “point of reference” for Smart energy management.
- OB6: Continuous assessment of the key-objectives achievement to ensure high quality of project results and defined cooperation strategy is followed.